Opens: 20 November 2023
Deadline: 16 December 2023
Shortlist notification: 29 December 2023
Interviews (in-person): 9 January 2024
Call for Finance Administrator
Ends 16 December 2023
is expanding. We are currently seeking a well-qualified and ambitious
individual to assist our small team by providing a Finance
Finance Administrator (part-time)
Paragon Studios Ltd (PS²)
Service Provider reports to
PS² Creative Director, Board
Documenting and managing PS² finances (invoices, payments, management accounts, I&E records, payroll)
Freelance, 1 year, fixed-term, 1 February 2024 - 31 January 2025. Subject to performance. A formal performance review will take place
after 4 weeks. Termination of contract for performance reasons at any
point will be subject to a formal procedure
5 hours a week, flexible terms
£100 per week
1 February 2024 (slightly flexible)
To ensure proper communication and security of Financial Records, the functions of the service should normally be conducted and records stored at the office of PS², Property House, 11 Rosemary Street, Belfast BT1 1QA.
The Finance Administrator will be primarily responsible for supporting the PS2 staff and Board in the administration of the finances of the organisation. With responsibility to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the finance function, duties include maintaining I&E budgets, preparing of management accounts, payroll, invoicing, and assistance in budgeting for funding applications.
This position maybe extended to three-year part time in total subject to additional funding.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Financial management of the organisation’s I&E [core
and project budgets and financialsystems, ensuring that all
receipts and payments are properly entered and allocated onto the
accounting system, payroll
· Supporting PS2 staff in the financial administration of the organisation
· Advise on, implement and work with appropriate accounting software
· Complete monthly bank reconciliations in a timely manner and submit for
· Prepare management reports for the PS2 staff and board
· Liaise with budget holders over financial spends, ensuring accuracy and
· Assist with all finance for funding returns and reporting
· Assist in budgets for funding applications
· Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations and submit for review
· Invoicing of clients and payment of all bills
· Undertake any other reasonable duties as required by PS2 staff and board
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in finance support roles for charity organisations and/or arts organisations
- Excellent IT skills including management of financial databases/software
- Ability to work independently and as well as part of a team, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills, to prioritise concurrent deadlines
- Knowledge of, and an interest in, the arts
are an artist-led visual arts organisation established in 1994 and
based in Belfast city centre. We provide studio/workplaces for artist as
well as a residency programmes and facilitate art project around the
year in our project space and at outside locations.
Your application should include:
- A cover letter outlining your interest and eligibility
- Your CV
When we receive your application, we will send you a link to our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form which you can complete online.
Please send your application (cover letter and CV) as one PDF to email@example.com Please note that you will also need to complete an Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form which you can complete online - we will send you the link for this when we receive your application.
If you have any queries regarding the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
PS² is committed to equal opportunities in recruitment and employment. PS² strongly seeks to diversify our work, and recognise that opportunities for inclusion, both within the arts, and within Belfast, can be limited. PS² acknowledges intersections with additional barriers - which may include lower socio-economic backgrounds, d/Deaf applicants and/or neurodiverse applicants, applicants with disabilities or long-term health difficulties, applicants with LGBTQIA+ identities, applicants with no formal education and of older age - and encourages applicants from Black, Asian, Traveller, Asylum Seeker, Refugee, mixed and other culturally/ethnically diverse backgrounds to indicate where PS² can provide additional support or resources to mediate these additional barriers.
Applicants with specific access needs can submit their application in an alternative format and are offered in-person support. Please contact us if you would like to receive this information in a different format, e.g. paper format, large print version. Email: email@example.com.
This position is funded by Belfast City Council’s 'Artist Studios and Maker Spaces Organisational Grants 2023/24' and 'Belfast 2024'.